Locksmiths are in high demand as technology advances and security becomes a top priority. To keep up—or even stay ahead of the trend—you need new business leads to populate your pipeline.
Here’s how you can generate more locksmith leads for your business in 2021:
1) Identify an industry-specific niche like automotive, commercial or residential locksmithing; then develop content specifically for that niche.
Technology is changing rapidly so locksmiths are in high demand.
To keep up or even stay ahead of the trend, you need new business leads to populate your pipeline and this article will help with that! There’s a list of tips about how one can be more effective at generating those necessary locksmith leads for their business given an industry-specific niche like automotive, commercial or residential locksmithing; then develop content specifically for that niche.
2) Whichever industry you choose, there will be new technology and trends. Stay up-to-date on the latest locksmithing news so that you can include it in your content marketing.
If this is not something that you’re already doing, then you need to start immediately! One way to generate leads for your business is to blog about the new trends in locksmithing, as well as any new technology.
3) Make sure your website has a place where potential customers can find out more information and contact you. A simple form that asks for their name, phone number, email address and information on what services they need works best. Reaching your potential customers is the most important step in locksmith lead generation.
A simple form that asks for their name, phone number, email address and information on what services they need works best. Reaching your potential customers is the most important step in locksmith lead generation! If you tend to be more old-school about things, a contact page isn’t necessarily going to scare you off. However, as mentioned in an earlier article on why outbound marketing is still a thing (yes, it is), there’s something special about having potential clients reach out to you directly.
4) Utilize social media and search engine optimization tactics to drive new locksmith leads to your website.
How to optimize your website for search engine queries is a hot topic among SEOs. Search engines are always changing their algorithms, which means that search engine optimization trends change all the time too!
5) Email marketing has been proven to be the most cost-effective way to generate new leads at scale (i.e., more than one at a time).
But you have to be smart about how you go about it, and there’s a right way and a wrong way to do it.
6) Leverage email marketing as much as possible; the more emails you can send out, the better.
Most companies don’t need expensive software for their email marketing campaigns. A simple affordable program, like AWeber, will work just fine.
One of the easiest ways to get more leads in your pipeline is by being smart about how you utilize email marketing! However, new emails are not created equal, and you must understand what makes for a good email campaign.
7) If you’re going to go the email marketing route, then start by building an email list that’s comprised of interested parties.
Offer something for free in exchange for a name and email address. You can also integrate your social media profile link on your website, so people who are interested in what you have to offer can click through to follow you.
8) During your email marketing campaign
Try sending out a series of emails that first ask the question: what do they need and then the future question: how does our locksmith service provide it?
9) Optimize your website for mobile phones so people on the go can reach you quickly and easily.
10) Write a blog post on how to generate leads for your locksmith business, and share it on social media.
Then start writing more articles that include tips or suggestions that you feel will help others be more effective at generating new locksmith leads (i.e., generate more customers for their business).
11) You should also include a link to your blog post in your email signature, as well as on all of your social media accounts.
You should even consider putting it in every outgoing email that you send from your locksmith company!
12) Understand that generating leads is not an easy task, but it’s vital to the success of any business.
13) If you’re still wondering how to generate locksmith leads, we can help.
We offer a FREE Locksmith Lead Generation Program. Schedule your time with us today so that we can send you the tips and tricks on how to reach more customers!
14) Create an informative infographic with facts about the locksmith industry and share it on your social media channels.
15) Share the infographic with other locksmith players in your community such as local authorities, or organizations that are growing in popularity (i.e., ISSA).
16) Locate old customers you’ve lost touch with, and reach out via email to see what new projects they need help with (this can also be a way to generate new leads).
17) Send out snail mail to your entire database of current and past customers. People like getting snail mail, so it makes for a good marketing tactic!
18) Utilize Twitter, Facebook and other social media accounts to reach out directly to your audience.
Post links to new blog posts, images with information on it, and anything else that you believe will drive traffic to your website.
19) Use a call-to-action phrase at the end of each email;
This is an effective way to get people who are interested in what you have to offer to click through (an example of a CTA would be: schedule your free appointment with us today).
20) Make the most out of every email that you send:
Don’t just have one call to action. Instead, try having multiple CTAs (each with its own link) so people can click through and get more information.
21) Make sure you’re doing everything possible to keep up with industry trends in order to stay ahead of the game.
22) If you’re wondering how to generate leads, then take a look at some of our lists and see if there are any prospects who might benefit from being marketing your services.
23) Utilize webinars to get people interested in your services.
24) There are a number of different ways that you can generate locksmith leads, but we’re going to give you the top 18 methods that will really have an impact on your business.
You should copy and paste this list into Word or some other document so it’s ready to go when opportunities arise.
25) Incorporate social media into your email signature and website so that people can easily click through and follow you on the most popular platforms (i.e., Facebook, Twitter, Linked In).
26) Utilize Google AdWords so you can show up at the top of search results when people are looking for locksmith service.
27) If you want to generate leads, then you need to use Facebook Ads at some point during the process.
28 ) Make sure your website is mobile-friendly so that people can find what they’re looking for easily on their smartphones and tablets.
29) You can also generate new leads by posting a directory on your website.
30) Make sure that you’re utilizing every single avenue available to get the word out about your services.
31) When generating locksmith leads, try using companies such as Facebook and Twitter in order to help reach more people.
32) If you’re going to be generating locksmith leads, then we highly recommend that you utilize Linkedin:
A lot of professionals and business people are on this platform, so it’s a very effective way for you to reach a larger audience.
33) You can also generate new leads by putting up flyers in your local area, at local shops, bars and cafes.
34) Utilize your local community to find new leads, such as a local chamber of commerce or a business development council.
35) You can also utilize your local church to help you generate more locksmith leads: churches have large networks within the community, so they’re able to introduce you to a lot of people very quickly.
36) You can get more locksmith leads through social media, so make sure you’re putting the most time into your marketing efforts on this platform!
37) If you’re going to be generating locksmith leads from your email list, we highly suggest that you use an email collector such as AWeber or Mailchimp.
38) Utilize your local chamber of commerce to help you generate locksmith leads: this is a great way for you to find businesses that are potential customers, not to mention it’s good for networking purposes!
39) If you’re going to be looking for locksmith leads, don’t forget to check out craigslist and your local newspaper.
40) Have an open house event in order to generate new leads:
These events are great for bringing people together so they can get to know you better and consider hiring your services!
41) Make sure that you keep a list of every lead that you generate, and be sure to record notes, dates, etc. so that you remember everything later on down the line when you have multiple appointments coming up and need to stay organized.
42) You can also use your local chamber of commerce to help you find new businesses that might be looking for locksmith service.
43) Utilize your local church to help you generate more locksmith leads, and then reach out in order to get new business through these organizations!
44) Put up a listing on Yelp: this is a great way for you to reach potential customers who are already looking for your services.
45) You can also use a referral program in order to generate more locksmith leads.
46) You can also consider hiring an employee that specializes in lead generation: this will help to generate new locksmith leads for your business!
47) Utilize the various social platforms out there, like Facebook and Twitter, when trying to generate locksmith leads so that you can reach new potential customers.
48) Think about putting up a directory of some sort, which will make it easier for potential clients to locate your information when they’re trying to find someone in the locksmith industry.
49) You can also utilize Yelp or similar sites in order to generate more leads: this is a great way for you to reach potential locksmith clients in a fun and easy way!
50) If you’re going to be generating locksmith leads, we highly recommend that you utilize your local chamber of commerce.
51) You can also utilize social media to generate more locksmith leads: this is a good way for you to reach people in your local area who might be looking for someone to provide locksmith services for them.
52) If you’re going to be generating locksmith leads, don’t forget to get involved with organizations that are based around security like the ISSA and other similar groups: this will help you find more potential clients as well as create a community of like-minded business professionals.
53) If you’re going to be utilizing social media for locksmith lead generation, make sure that you have some sort of Facebook group or some other social platform where your prospective clients can follow and interact with you!
54) Utilize your local chamber of commerce to help you reach local businesses that might be looking for locksmith service.
55) Try and put yourself out there by letting everyone know about your business: this includes newspaper ads, flyers, etc. so that more people can find you and get to know about the excellent services that you provide.
In this article, we have provided fifty-five tips for locksmith lead generation. These are a great starting point because they provide you with some basic ways to generate new leads that your business is missing out on!
Hopefully, these will be enough to get you started, but if not let us know and our team of experts can help develop an awesome SEO or marketing plan to reach more potential customers through digital channels.
Which one of the aforementioned tips have been most effective when it comes to generating new locksmith leads? Let us know below in the comments section!