Locksmith marketing strategies. One of the best marketing strategies that locksmiths can use is giving free consultations. This allows locksmiths to show their customers the process of fixing their locks and offer them a quote on how much it will cost for the project. It’s also a great opportunity for locksmiths to ask about what type of security they’re looking for. Locksmiths should also make sure they’re following up with customers to make sure they’re happy with their services after they’ve completed it.
Locksmithing has changed over time, as we have evolved from using lock-and-key technology to our modern digital world where smartphones are now being used as traditional keys and in some cases even replacing credit cards altogether.
Lucky for us, we have several marketing channels to consider when trying to reach our customers and prospects. The question is: which one should you use? Should you do the same thing everyone else is doing or should you try something new or different? There are many ways out there that could work well in generating traffic. Some of them can get your business in front of more people without hurting your wallet.
In this blogpost, I want to talk about locksmith marketing strategies that work and will help you grow your business.
Here are the 13 ways:
1. SEO – Search Engine Optimization
SEO is one of the things every locksmith should be doing on a regular basis. This will put your website in front of more people who are searching for a locksmith near them without you having to spend much money at all. The key is to build backlinks and make sure that the keywords you want to rank for are being used on your site.
2. AdWords – Pay Per Click
AdWords can work well too if you don’t have a website and just want to start getting in front of people. However, this isn’t recommended for those who want to build trust with their customers and generate leads over time.
3. Forums – Community Marketing – It’s free!
There are many online forums dedicated to locksmiths where it is possible to promote your business for free. This may help you in generating higher quality leads as people are already looking to find a locksmith near them and they’re not actively searching on Google or Bing.
4. Direct outreach – Locksmith cold calling
Many services suggest cold calling is dead, but I beg to differ because it works very well if done the right way. Before you start cold calling, make sure to network with other locksmiths so that they refer you customers instead of your direct competition. This will help you build more trust and rapport with your prospects as well as get more information about what kind of service they’re looking for as well as their contact info if possible.
5. Networking events
There are many networking events going on both online and offline. You can leverage these events to get in front of people who may not be actively looking for a locksmith but could give you leads when they need some service done. Always have business cards on hand at all times!
6. Referral marketing
Do you know other locksmiths? If yes, then you can leverage on that to generate more revenue from referrals. Make sure you talk with your friends and business associates about your service because they may refer clients to you for their services too.
7. Content marketing – How-to guides, case studies, whitepapers
Creating content allows you to do two things: it keeps your business at the top of people’s mind because they’re constantly seeing your business mentioned in various places and you’re generating relatively high quality leads that are ready to buy.
8. Online directories – Do you have a website?
Then add it to as many online directories as possible! One of my favourites is Merchant Circle . This is a great directory where you can promote your business and it’s free!
9. Online reviews – I’ve always been a fan of online reviews and I’m sure most people are too.
However, the key to getting good reviews is by providing excellent service so that your customers will take the time to give you a review! Either way, online reviews are a win-win situation for you and your customers.
9. Display advertising – Google Adwords, LinkedIn Ads, Facebook ads, etc
Display advertising is one way of getting your business in front of people that don’t have an interest in locksmiths but may need some service done at a certain time. This will potentially make them aware of you as a service provider and allow them to remember you in the future.
10. Direct mail – Are you doing postcards or direct mail?
Many people don’t like it but I believe that direct mail works really well, especially when posted to homes in areas where there are tonnes of potential customers who need your services. The key is to make sure that you have a call to action on your direct mail material so that you’re able to get in contact with the people who would potentially need your services.
11. Trade shows – Do you go to trade shows often?
If yes then this is another great way of getting in front of people. Make sure you talk with your fellow locksmiths about how they’re approaching the show and what strategies they are using. This will allow you to learn from their experience so that you’re able to use it for yourself!
12. Seminars –
Many professional organizations allow members to hold seminars about their industry and even if you’re not a member of the organization, they may let you sponsor your seminar or be part of an event with other speakers!
13. Partnerships –
This is great for businesses that have complementary products/services. For example, if you have a mobile locksmith service and wanted to get in front of more customers, then you can sign up for an affiliate program with companies that sell cellphones.
For best results marketing your locksmith make sure to follow these steps and here are few professional locksmith marketing tips we’ve got form a company (Alignment Online Marketing) that has been working with locksmiths for over 10 years:
The importance of keeping well optimized google my business locksmith listings
1) Keep your listing up to date. If you last changed your address or phone number, make sure to update this information on your GMB listing.
2) Fill out all the sections of your GMB page. Make sure you have a detailed description about what services you offer and that there’s accurate contact information to be found on the page.
3) Ask customers to review their experience with you. One of the easiest ways for someone looking for a locksmith in your area is to search for reviews and see what other people are saying about them too. Even if you’re not getting many reviews yet, it’s still worth asking past customers if they could leave one.
4) If you want to improve your google ranking and get more leads, make sure you go ahead and link your GMB listing to a website that has detailed information on what services you offer and contact details such as phone number, address etc. Your Google My Business page can be connected to other places such as Facebook, Twitter etc too.
5) Make sure you ask customers for reviews on other platforms. If you don’t have much experience with this, just make sure to link your Google My Business page to a Facebook or Yelp page and ask customers to leave a review there instead.
The importance of keeping well optimized facebook locksmith listings
1) Keep your listing up to date. If you last changed your address or phone number, make sure to update this information on your Facebook page.
2) Fill out all the sections of your Facebook page. Make sure you have a detailed description about what services you offer and that there’s accurate contact information to be found on the page.
3) Ask customers to review their experience with you. One of the easiest ways for someone looking for a locksmith in your area is to search for reviews and see what other people are saying about their experience with them too. Even if you’re not getting many reviews yet, it’s still worth asking past customers if they could leave one.
4) If you want to improve your facebook ranking and get more leads, make sure you go ahead and link your Facebook page to a website that has detailed information on what services you offer and contact details such as phone number, address etc. Your Facebook Page can be connected to other places like your Google My Business page too.
5) Make sure you ask customers for reviews on other platforms. If you don’t have much experience with this, just make sure to link your GMB listing to a Facebook page and ask customers to leave a review there instead.
6) Quality over quantity! It’s important not to get too focused on the number of leads you’re getting from your FaceBook page. The leads that matter are the ones that close and ones that leave a positive review.
The advantage of having these listings up is that it helps you as a locksmith because:
1) It helps get your business in front of more people. Locksmiths that are keeping well optimized listing on Google and Facebook Pages gets found by customers looking for a locksmith. This increases the amount of leads you’re getting from your online marketing efforts.
2) Customers appreciate when they can leave reviews after their experience. This helps with your conversions because it gives the customer a sense of trust that you’re not just taking their money when they do business with you. They also appreciate being asked if they could leave a review and this can help build rapport with them and future customers.
3) Because these listings are connected to Google My Business, making changes to your listing or adding pictures is much easier than updating your website.
The importance of reviews for locksmith marketing success
1) Fewer customers want to use a business that doesn’t have reviews and also, many consumers trust the opinion of others when it comes making a purchasing decision too.
2) It’s important to get positive reviews because they’re the ones that potential customers are going to see. If you have a lot of negative reviews, this can be damaging for your business because people aren’t going to want to use your service. Also, if you’ve had negative experiences with other locksmiths in the past, make sure you explain how you’re different from them and why they should give you a chance.
3) It’s important to encourage customers to leave a review after each job. This will improve your conversion rate for sure and also, it’s going to get your past customers invested in your business by giving them an opportunity to leave their opinion on what they thought of doing business with you.
4) You should make sure that you reach out to satisfied customers after they’ve left a review. This will help show your customers that you are really appreciative of their compliments and it also gives you an opportunity to ask them if they would be willing to leave another positive review in the future.
It’s important to remember that even if someone has left a bad review for you (and you’ve made sure to address their complaints and solve the problem), you should still want to know why they were unsatisfied with your service. You can then make sure that this kind of issue doesn’t happen anymore and improve your business because of it.
Another really important thing is that if someone has been satisfied with your work, they should be politely asked if they could leave a review. This is something that you should remember to do after every job!
5) Make sure that your listing has as much information about what you offer so that customers can make an informed decision. If you’re a locksmith, having the price of services right on your listing might not be a good idea. You should instead have your price estimates on the listing and make sure to get permission from the customer before you start doing any work. If customers don’t want to pay for your services right away, it’s important to give them a quote and ask for permission first so that you can ensure that they are happy with what you’re offering before you do any work.
6) It’s important to remember that reviews can be left on more than just Google My Business. You should make sure you’re getting reviews from Facebook, Yelp, and other sources too because customers use all of these sites when they’re looking for a locksmith. Customers are also going to be able to look up your business online and see reviews for your business if they can’t access these other sites.
7) Getting good review isn’t easy, it’s going to take time. Because you want the reviews that are going to be the most helpful for your business, you should ask customers for their honest opinion before they leave a review. This will help make sure that you’re getting reviews from people who are going to be the most helpful for your business.
8) It’s important to remember that customer service makes a big difference when it comes to reviews because if someone has had a positive experience with you, they’ll want to leave a review about how great you were. If customers have had less than stellar experiences, they’re going to want to make sure that others know about it.
9) It’s a good idea to have a bundle of services because this gives you the ability to offer customers more value with your service. If they’re thinking about getting one lock repaired, you should tell them about how fixing their locks will improve their security for less money. This will also give you the opportunity to cross sell and make more money from a customer.
10) Because of how much customers rely on review sites when they’re looking for businesses such as yours, it’s important to take a proactive approach by asking your customers to leave reviews. If you’re offering great customer service, this shouldn’t be too difficult because most people are going to be happy to tell others about their positive experience with your business.
11) Posting your specials online is something that every locksmith should be doing as well. You can reach out to customers and make sure you’re offering them the best deals possible through things like text promotions, Facebook ads, or even social media link posts.
12) Because your customers might not be able to remember the name of your business, it’s important to use a memorable telephone number for your business so that they’ll remember how to get in touch with you when they need something done by a locksmith. You can also think about putting catchy phrases or taglines on your listing or even on advertising so that customers will remember your business.
13) The last thing you should do is to start getting more active online and make sure that you have a good presence on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest and other social media sites. A lot of people are going to be relying on the internet to find businesses like yours and if you’re not active on social media, you’re going to miss out on the opportunity to show those customers that you can help them.
In this blogpost, I talked about the factors and strategies that every locksmith needs to take into consideration when they’re looking for ways to improve their marketing efforts.
Background info AlignmentOnline.com has been marketing locksmiths for many years. We’ve discovered one thing that’s for sure. The older locksmiths get, the less likely they are to change their marketing and advertising strategies. This is ironic because as locksmiths become part of the “older generation,” they’re going to need more business than ever before.
To help this situation, AlignmentOnline.com has compiled a list of the 13 best strategies and tactics that locksmiths can use to generate more leads and grow their business.
In this blogpost, I talked about the factors and strategies that every locksmith needs to take into consideration when they’re looking for ways to improve their marketing efforts. We hope you’ve found our tips helpful in your search for new marketing ideas or as a refresher on how to leverage tried-and-true methods of generating more leads.
If you want help implementing these principles, let us know! Our team is ready and waiting to partner with you so that we can create an SEO plan or other type of digital marketing strategy that drives sales by considering how your customers think. Which cognitive neuroscience principle have you applied from this article?