Google My Business is a free and easy way to get your locksmith business in front of as many people as possible. With over 4 million businesses already using Google My Business, you could be missing out on valuable customers! Here’s how to set up your account today.
1. Create your profile with the right address, name, and phone number.
If you’re using Google My Business to help customers find you, make sure they have all the information they need before showing up at a business that’s not yours! Verify your location on the map using Google My Business and be sure it looks exactly how you want it to.
2. Change your address or number:
If you ever change your business address, phone number, or other information, be sure to update it in Google My Business! You can also share significant updates about your business like a new website URL and even let customers know when you’ll be closed for the holidays.
3. Have a desk or team member available on weekends to make sure any urgent issues are resolved.
Most residential and commercial locksmiths provide emergency services, so you want to be able to immediately answer any calls that come in! If your local locksmith doesn’t offer 24/7 support, it’s important to let customers know when they should call for help. You should also show your operating hours to let customers know exactly when you’re open for business.
4. List all of the services you offer so potential customers can see that you have trained professionals on staff no matter what type of job they need to be done!
When it comes to locksmiths, there’s a big difference between someone who can change a lock and someone who can also provide key duplication services. If you or your team members have advanced training in locksmithing, be sure to include that information on your business profile!
5. Make your website easy to share:
Adding a friendly URL like http://www.locksmithcompanyname.com/ directly below the title of your Google My Business profile is an easy way of making it easier for customers to share your information on social media. You can also add a link to your Facebook, Twitter, and even Youtube pages! Make sure you’re following all the trends in technology so you don’t miss out on anything.
6. Share photos that reflect what you do:
Showing customers your team of talented locksmiths can go a long way. You can even include photos of the vehicle you use for service calls or special events like Oktoberfest!
7. Make sure your profile is optimized for mobile phones so customers never miss any important messages about your business.
These days, everyone is using their phones to find new businesses, so it’s more important than ever to make sure your business is easy to browse on any mobile device.
8. Check if you have duplicate listings across different platforms:
If you’re not using Google My Business and other listing sites like Yelp or Yellowpages, be sure to create a profile for each platform! If you have duplicate listings, make sure the information is consistent across every site.
9. Use Google My Business to automatically update your Facebook page with important updates.
It’s easy to stay up-to-date about how many people are talking about you on social media, and having this information in one place makes it even easier to plan your social media strategy.
10. Make sure you can be found by customers looking for your service, no matter what keywords they type in their search engine of choice.
You can add more information to your description or business name so you’re easy to find even if someone was different words like “emergency locksmith” or “auto locksmith”. Make sure your business title is accurate to what you really do.
11. When sharing updates about your business, try to add more than just text links or descriptions of products that customers can see on their own!
Try using photos and videos instead so you stay interesting without being too salesy. You should also make sure to share your location to help potential customers find you in their area.
12. Post plenty of photos to show your team hard at work providing quality service to local businesses and homeowners!
You can talk about anything you want or just let the world know what a fun place your office is. Remember to add plenty of information about how many people are on staff, where you’re located, and when your business is open!
13. Add plenty of information about your company on Google My Business so people can learn all about you before they even talk to you for the first time.
People are busy, and it makes deciding where to go for service much easier when they have all the facts BEFORE a crisis occurs.
14. Make sure your photos stand out by adding interesting filters and the right amount of contrast to make sure your customers can see you in high-quality resolution.
You don’t want someone to visit one of your listings and not be able to tell who’s in the photo or what they’re doing!
15. Update everything on your business profile, from your hours to the prices you offer!
Don’t forget to add photos of special events you’ve hosted or any awards you may have received. People love seeing all the hard work their local businesses put into making sure they’re giving customers an amazing experience all around town.
16. Share short videos showing your staff at work and having fun!
People want to know that you’re a team they can count on and spending time with your employees will help customers feel connected to your business. Plus, it’s a great way to show potential prospects how awesome you are!
17. Add additional languages like Spanish or French if you’re in Canada or the US so people who speak other languages can also easily read and find your business information.
This makes it easy for people around the world to see what you’re offering and to know that they can reach out just in case!
18. Make sure you’ve got a strong profile photo of yourself or someone else who is an executive at your company, so potential customers can connect with your company in an instant.
Plus, they’ll know you’re a real person and not just a business that is run by computers!
19. If you have multiple locations, make sure all your business information is consistent across platforms to help customers find your best branch or location!
It’s also helpful if you have photos of the different locations so people can know what to expect when they come to see you!
20. Share any awards your business has received or fun facts that make the company more interesting.
Customers want to feel like their business partners care about them, so show off anything you think will help people decide where they’d rather spend their hard-earned money!
21. Create links to important news articles that will help potential customers understand why you’re so great!
A simple way of doing this is by linking to a video that shows a reporter talking about how your service helped someone. It really doesn’t take much, but it helps remind people around the world who are looking at your business profile that you care about more than just getting dollars.
22. Don’t forget to add a link to your website on Google My Business so people can easily click and visit anytime they want!
You could also consider having a blog or other pages set up on your site that is perfect for sharing content through social media, making sure customers see all the great things you’re doing.
23. It’s okay to be funny!
If you’re having a hard time coming up with ideas to sell your business, consider making an informational video or starting a blog about tips and tricks for your customers. These are fun ways of sharing information and people love seeing businesses take the time to help them out, especially as they plan for their next big event!
24. Make sure your business information is set up so you’re not just listed in one location, but many!
You can have a central listing with the address and phone number, along with a few local listings that include driving directions to make it easy for people to get where they need to be. This also helps people who are traveling!
25. Be sure to ask your customers for reviews on their experience with your business!
It’s a great way of letting them know you’re taking the time to make sure they’re taken care of and just as important, it shows others that come across your profile that you really care about what people think of you. This is an important step because search engines like Google will prioritize reviews in their results for your services.
As you see, it takes some time to get everything set up with Google My Business, but once you’ve got a strong profile that has many people talking about how great you are, have fun! You can use it as a blog platform or a way to communicate with customers, plus share events and new offerings. The world is your oyster so go out there and make it great!
P.S: Remember, if you want to learn more about how to create a strong business profile for a locksmith, check out these related articles: